The purpose of this module is to discuss and explain the role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in an organization and their influence on its overall performance and competence. Learners will be encouraged to pick a research/development project that displays their past learning in the AI & ML domain. It is meant to understand various aspects of AI, such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Computer Vision, to name a few. It also endeavors to highlight the role and significance of AI & ML during the planning, decision-making, and implementation of change in the organization.
Upon completing the module, the participants will have comprehensive knowledge and the ability to demonstrate their expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to potential employers or educational programs.
LO1: Conduct independent research and development within the context of an AL & ML project
LO2: Produce detailed documentation to a standard expected of a professional in the field of AI & ML
LO3: Communicate technical information clearly and succinctly to a broad, non-specialist audience
LO4: Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a researchbased industry project with a high level of personal autonomy and accountability
- Clarifying the terms of the research
- Suggesting areas of reading
- Apply the knowledge base and abilities taught throughout the course to a real-world scenario
- The Problem, Understanding It, and Getting Data
- Frame a business issue in a manner that can be solved with AI & ML
- Apply Exploratory Data Analysis and Modeling
- Identify the methodology or algorithm that will handle the proposed challenge
- Reviewing the proposed methodology
- Establishing a research timetable, including initial dates for further meetings between the student and supervisor
- Advising students about appropriate standards & conventions concerning the assessment.
- Providing means of contact in addition to tutorials
- Educate learners to research and write their results and thoughts correctly, clearly, logically, and to a high-professional degree